There are immediate consequences for impaired driving in Regina. The first is an automatic license suspension. Vehicle seizures for .08 BAC and .04 BAC are permitted in Saskatchewan. If the driver has in his or her body alcohol, a drug or a substance that causes the driver to be unable to safely operate the vehicle it will be impounded.. Once you are charged with a DUI, your driving privileges are revoked and your vehicle will be seized. The periods of vehicle seizure can vary, but there will always be associated costs to reclaim your vehicle from the impound lot. The impaired driving lawyers lawyers at the Law Office of Regina Criminal Lawyers can get back your vehicle and get you back on the road.
Vehicle Seizures for Drunk Driving in Saskatchewan
In Saskatchewan, vehicle impoundment is based on the actions of the driver. Regardless whether or not you own the vehicle that you’re driving at the time, it will be impounded.
A vehicle will be impounded if any of the following situations apply:
- The driver is disqualified or suspended from driving.
- The driver hasn’t renewed a driver’s license after completing a suspension period.
- The driver is driving without a valid license, (if the driver has been convicted for driving without a license in the last 5 years)
You must also be aware that the license plates on an impounded vehicle can’t be cancelled or transferred to another vehicle.
Towing and Impound Fees in Regina
Towing fees: (vehicles less than 5,500 kg)
- $55 Regina or Saskatoon
- $50 + $2 per loaded km outside Regina or Saskatoon
Towing fees: (vehicles more than 5,500 kg)
- $100 Regina or Saskatoon
- $75 + $2.25 per loaded km outside Regina or Saskatoon
Storage fees for all types of vehicles:
- $10 per day at all compounds
Contact Our DUI Lawyers Today
You need your vehicle. If you are dealing with an DUI charge and have had your vehicle seized, get in contact with the impaired driving lawyers at the Law Office of Regina Criminal Lawyers immediately. Our firm has a wealth of experience.